[Sidefx-houdini-list] shop_materialpath error message

Floyd Gillis floyd at afcg.com
Thu May 17 01:10:17 EDT 2018

Hello list,

Getting an annoying error message when putting an expression in the
"shop_materialpath" field of an object.

Example: `chs("obj/CONTROLS/shad_path")`/my_shader_name

Where: "shad_path" is a string being set in "/obj/CONTROLS"

The expression is expanding correctly, the material is being read and
displayed correctly in the viewport, and is rendering correctly with mantra.

But, on starting-up houdini I always get something like...

/Load warnings for test.hip//
//Warning: Bad parameter reference: "obj/CONTROLS/shad_path" in
parameter /obj/test/shop_materialpath.
/
Is there something different about string formatting in the
"shop_materialpath" field?
Any suggestions as to why I'm getting the error messages?

Thanks for any info.

Floyd

P.S.  I am simplifying this example a bit... all the elements are in on OTL.
Houdini FX Version 16.5.463 on linux