[Sidefx-houdini-list] toon/npr

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Fri Jun 22 21:16:27 EDT 2018


Great, thanks Fabricio!

Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile
249 Princeton Avenue / Half Moon Bay / CA 94019 <https://www.google.com/maps/place/249+Princeton+Ave,+Half+Moon+Bay,+CA+94019,+USA/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x808f73cae8ec3c2b:0x8f4550d52ed8e890?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP68e-m6_MAhUX4WMKHRoSDm4Q8gEIHDAA>
http://corestudio.com <http://corestudio.com/>

> On Jun 19, 2018, at 3:19 PM, Fabricio Chamon <fabricio.chamon at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> ...just as a side note, the vex code in the image only works for lights
> that take position into account (area, spot, point), if you are using a
> directional light you'll need to rotate a unit vector to build your light
> vector.
> 
> 2018-06-19 19:14 GMT-03:00 Fabricio Chamon <fabricio.chamon at gmail.com>:
> 
>> many ways to do it.. I'd go for a dot product inside an attr wrangle, then
>> pull it from the material to drive the ramp input, like this:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fbs5l81khjoo7o/LIGHT_
>> FACINGRATIO_HOUDINI_REDSHIFT.jpg?dl=0
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 2018-06-19 15:21 GMT-03:00 Gary Jaeger <gary at corestudio.com>:
>> 
>>> Sorry, redshift
>>> 
>>> Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile
>>> 249 Princeton Avenue / Half Moon Bay / CA 94019 <
>>> https://www.google.com/maps/place/249+Princeton+Ave,+Half+M
>>> oon+Bay,+CA+94019,+USA/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x808f73cae8ec3c2b:0x
>>> 8f4550d52ed8e890?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP68e-m6_MAhUX4WMKHRoSDm4Q8gEIHDAA>
>>> http://corestudio.com <http://corestudio.com/>
>>> 
>>>> On Jun 18, 2018, at 11:32 PM, Rasmus Brinkløv <pingo1 at mac.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> A bit unclear do you want it in rs or mantra?
>>>> 
>>>>> On 19 Jun 2018, at 03.07, Gary Jaeger <gary at corestudio.com> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Hi there. I’m looking to recreate the Maya ramp shader where you can
>>> use light intensity to drive a diffuse ramp. I can to a fresnel/facing
>>> ratio thing in Redshift, but I want the same but driven by light. Any ideas?
>>>>> 
>>>>> I’m using Redshift but I’m assuming the same principles apply whether
>>> Mantra or RS.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile
>>>>> 249 Princeton Avenue / Half Moon Bay / CA 94019 <
>>> https://www.google.com/maps/place/249+Princeton+Ave,+Half+M
>>> oon+Bay,+CA+94019,+USA/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x808f73cae8ec3c2b:0x
>>> 8f4550d52ed8e890?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP68e-m6_MAhUX4WMKHRoSDm4Q8gEIHDAA>
>>>>> http://corestudio.com <http://corestudio.com/>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>>>>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>>>>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>>>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>>>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>> 
>> 
>> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list



More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list