[Sidefx-houdini-list] Corrupted Alembic after a server hiccup

houdini at trinix.ca houdini at trinix.ca
Fri Jan 26 15:58:16 EST 2018

Hi guys,

Last night there was a server hiccup and when I came back into my
scene in the morning the current Alembic camera file was corrupted.
What puzzles me is that the file modified date hasn't changed. However
now I cannot open this Alembic camera in a fresh Houdini scene or in
Maya.

I don't know if Houdini tries to update the file for some reason but
you would think that all it's doing is reading the Alembic only.

We are on Windows and I'm using Houdini 16.5.323.

Later today they warned us the server would go down for 5 sec. When I
came back to my computer another camera was corrupted. Have you ever
heard of such a thing?

Thanks

Francois