[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini.env and external otl folder

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 23:33:49 EST 2018

Olivier,
In the past, Houdini's internal tools could change quite a lot from
version to version, but now with asset namespaces that is less of an
issue.  However, I think it's still a good idea to match your OTL
versions to Houdini's, mostly in case you need to open an old project
that has to work exactly the way it did before.

Odd that your multiple path definition doesn't work.   In my case, the
following long HOUDINI_PATH example works for our current project (in
Linux):

.:/home/jon/houdini16.0:/HD/rcp/project/ppr/tools/pkg/houdini/houdini16.0:$HSITE:/shed/repo/tools/pkg/rcptools-2.02/plugins/houdini/houdini16.0:/shed/repo/tools/pkg/rushtools-2.02/plugins/hou
dini/houdini16.0:/shed/repo/tools/pkg/dometools-2.02/plugins/houdini/houdini16.0:/shed/repo/tools/pkg/dgpl-1.02/plugins/houdini/houdini16.0:/shed/repo/tools/pkg/astra-2.03/plugins/houdini/hou
dini16.0:/opt/sesi/hfs16.0.600/houdini

Each of those paths contains an "otls" subfolder that is read
automatically, without having to set HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH.

-Jon