[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini.env and external otl folder

Antoine Durr antoinedurr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:39:11 EST 2018

Others have already answered issues about paths, HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH, etc.  One thing I would add is to not do something like D:/otls, but rather have D:/someplace/houdini/otls, i.e. make sure your ‘otls’ directory is inside a ‘houdini’ directory.  One thing about the HOUDINI_PATH is that any and all files can override each other along the path, e.g. menubar.xml files, CHOPio files, etc. i.e. anything you can find in $HFS/houdini.  The other thing to watch out for is that /some/ HOUDINI_*_PATH’s work forwards and others work backwards, it’s not entirely consistent and requires some trial and error if you’re adding things like redshift /and/ have your own facility xml files.

— Antoine