[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini.env and external otl folder

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 10:50:30 EST 2018

Hi Olivier,

Two things:   first, if you already have HOUDINI_PATH defined as
"C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/16.0.705;&", I believe you
can create a new line like this:

HOUDINI_PATH="D:/otls;$HOUDINI_PATH"

Second, HOUDINI_PATH should be the parent directory where you store
"otls", as Houdini automatically appends "otls" in its search path.
In your example case that would simply be "D:".  I would recommend
creating a folder tree called "D:/houdini16.0/otls" and point your
HOUDINI_PATH to "D:/houdini16.0".  This way you can keep your OTL
files separated by Houdini version in the case of major changes with
Houdini.

HTH,

Jon