[Sidefx-houdini-list] colour volumes by particles

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 09:19:24 EST 2018

Hey Gerbrand,

sounds like you are almost there.
Instead of using three volume vops (which of course run through the pc open
three times) u can do it all in one V-Vop.

Before the Vop you will need to create three volumes named Cd.x, Cd.y and
Cd.z (you could do that with three NameSOPs, that you merge back in with
your initial density volume).
Then in ur VolumeVOP use ur PCOpen and PCFilter as it sounds like you have
already set it up and bind export that to CD.
Then you just call that in your volume shader (most - if not all - of the
volume shaders that ship with Houdini are set up to do so already)

hope that makes sense?

cheers
Ron

Ron Schab