[Sidefx-houdini-list] colour volumes by particles

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Mon Jan 22 08:54:07 EST 2018

Hey guys
For some reason I find this much harder than I think it should be.
I would like to colour a volume based on the colour of the points inside
the volume.
In my head I should just run this through a attribute transfer, and
maybe a attribute blur.
This however only works in my head... -_-

I made a setup that kinda works, but it's slow as hell.
In this setup I create 3 volume vops. in each one I use a pcopen to read
my colors on the points, and multiply the R, G and B with the density of
the volume.
I now sit with 3 volume that I put a red, green and blue shader on.
Like I said, this works, but its slow, and wrong and bad and I'm ashamed :)

How to in real life?
Thanks guys
Gerbrand

---