[Sidefx-houdini-list] Reading files inside folder via node?

Fabricio Chamon fabricio.chamon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 10:56:44 EST 2018

Hey smart people,

I`m looking for a way to read files from a folder and store as an array
attribute on a geometry..would that even be possible?

The "script" node runs a python file, am I able to pass over parameters to
a python function or something ? Just to contextualize: I'm creating a
crowd agent and building a clip library for it. I have this folder full of
fbx's and as it is right now I need to create an "agent" node for each fbx,
then bake out the clip to disk. I'd like to automate this process by
looping over files inside folder instead of manually creating a node for
each animation, all from inside the node network, so each time I create a
new fbx it is just a matter of re-cooking the output.

I have had this need on many occasions before, like merging files or
tracing geometry.. so that would be a multi purpose thing really.

suggestions?