[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini.env per job?

Andreas Böinghoff boeinghoff at themarmalade.com
Wed Jan 3 05:06:59 EST 2018

hey!

we are currently thinking how we can manage our environment variables
per job. with a growing amount of jobs and clients, it is needed to
track which project was made with witch houdini+arnold+redshift version.

currently everything is hard coded in the
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\houdini16.5\houdini.env on every workstation, but
we are looking for a solution that offers us a custom environment per
job. I read about different solutions but, we need something like a
loader or an custom env file that we save with the project.

what's the best workflow for handling this?

andreas

--
*ANDREAS BÖINGHOFF*
3D ARTIST