[Sidefx-houdini-list] Alembic from Houdini to Maya - transfer "N" and "v" ?

Nikita Musatov not.a.whale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 01:53:15 EST 2018

By the way, you can solve the problem with motion blur differently. You can
export Alembic with 2 motion sample and emulate moving by velocity. For it
before rop alembic output node put TimeShift with expression "floor($FF)"
after that add PointAttribute node with expression:
float tm = @Frame - floor(@Frame);
@P = lerp(@P, at P+@v*@TimeInc,tm);
After that look what happens between frames.
But this solution works fine if you render motion blur with option start
frame (not center of frame) motion blur. For example: Start 0, end 0.3. I
think you can rewrite expression that it will work for center of frame
motion. But I haven't tried it and don't be sure that will work correctly.
I hope it helps you.