[Sidefx-houdini-list] cannot install a new houdini

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Mon Aug 27 09:11:15 EDT 2018

I’m on Mac - so take this for what it’s worth.

I had a similar situation a few months ago after installing a newer build.
Crashed as soon as Houdini launched.

Turns out it was something to do with my preferences file.
If I renamed/moved my preferences files, Houdini launched successfully.

It you have a lot set up in your preferences file, it’s a pain because it basically start with a fresh preferences file.
But at least Houdini launched.

I’ve hit the same situation a few more time over the last few months.
Same solution always works.

But you may be hitting something completely different.

—
Larry Giunta
Creative Director
G Creative Studios