[Sidefx-houdini-list] cannot install a new houdini

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Mon Aug 27 03:14:13 EDT 2018

Hi guys.
I'm getting this annoying message in my Houdini console.
/Houdini has detected a new version of Windows, and may run slower as a
result.//
//Contact SideFX about getting an upgrade to Houdini to address this
issue.//
//To skip printing this message in the future, set the environment
variable//
//TBBMALLOC_PROXY_ENABLE=0

/
So I download the latest build of Houdini, but it just crashes after I
install it.
I've tried 3 different builds over the last few weeks.
All of them just crash when I try and launch them.
h 16.5.439 seems to be the latest one I can install and run.
Is it just me, or have you guys seen this?
Thanks
Gerbrand Nel

---
https://www.avg.com