[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering DeepExr for Nuke Comp

Mathieu Leclaire mleclair at hybride.com
Thu Aug 2 11:57:33 EDT 2018

Yeah... just use Deep Resolver to Deep Camera Map and change the DCM
Filename to a .exr and you should technically get a valid deep exr
render. Not sure why it's not working.

What you might want to do once you got your set-up working in order to
get better compression for your deep exr is to expose the "DCM Z-Bias"
and "DCM Compression" parameters so you can tweak the sample merging
options. That can really help lighten up your file size. You have to go
to "Edit Parameter Interface..." and go into the "Render Properties -
Mantra - Deep Output" and add them to the Existing Parameters to expose
them in the interface. Adjusting these can really lighten up your deep
exr file size and really accelerate the deep processing speed in Nuke. I
highly recommend it to have a good workflow.

-Mathieu