[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering DeepExr for Nuke Comp

Olly Nash ollimation at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:38:01 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to successfully render a DeepExr
sequence for a comp'er to read into Nuke, please?  It's a .bgeo filecache
of a pyro simulation.

In the mantra_ROP I have
Render Engine = Physically Based Rendering
Deep Output Resolver = Deep Camera Map
DCM filename = $JOB/deep/$HIPNAME/dcm.$F4.exr (have also tried without $F4
although I would expect to need to render a sequence)
I've also tried changing rendering engine from Physically accurate to any
of others but still no success.

The file size is worryingly small : 1.2Kb and when I read into Nuke via
DeepRead node I get various error messages:
"Early end of file: read 0 out of 8 requested bytes"
"Scanline 750 missing"

Any tips, please?
Thanks in advance!