[Sidefx-houdini-list] Changing paths from mantra -P at render time

Matthew Kearney shadow.matte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:37:28 EDT 2018

Hey Sandy!

Might just be a typo but you appear to have some quotes missing (see red
text):

mantra.setproperty(plane:planefile, newpath.split())

Matt.

On 12 April 2018 at 17:34, Sandy Sutherland <sandy.maillists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are in progress with a complete revamp of the publishing and versioning
> toolset here.
>
> One thing I am investigating is switching paths at render time, so as to
> publish.
>
> Right now mantra -P using the below snippet works, but when I try the same
> with aovs, it is doing strange things, and is actually breaking the python
> script I create - actually messes it up.
>
> Change Image path -
>
> def filterPlane():
>     currpath = mantra.property('image:filename')[0]
>     # Do new path stuff
>     mantra.setproperty('image:filename', newpath.split())
>

> If I use -
>     currpath = mantra.property('plane:planefile')[0]
>     # Do new path stuff
>     mantra.setproperty(plane:planefile, newpath.split())
>
> Everything goes haywire.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sandy

*MATT KEARNEY*
"*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.*" - Albert
Einstein.