[Sidefx-houdini-list] A thumbs up for Cops as a Nuke replacement

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Thu Apr 12 09:02:55 EDT 2018

This is a great point to highlight the distinction between a node based solution ( in the package )
and a more linear based compositor such as AE.

I’d much prefer to work on multi-layer exrs - or simply many individual layers of a shot in COPs.
Having the advantage of the node based workflow really helps while focusing on sweeting and tightening up a shot.
 … and yeah, being able to tie back directly to parameters in the 3D scene is a very nice plus.

You can then output the final shot and pull it into your AE file, for example, to utilize the more linear based compositing capabilities, and fx, on that platform.
It can really be the best of both worlds … and help save on doing a ton of pre-comps in AE.

btw, for anyone interested - the memory leak in COPs on OS X has been fixed as of 16.5.439.
Thanks once again to the dedicated group at SESI support. As always, the effort and results are greatly appreciated!

Larry

—
Larry Giunta
Creative Director