[Sidefx-houdini-list] A thumbs up for Cops as a Nuke replacement

jed schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Thu Apr 12 08:34:18 EDT 2018

Sesi included an extremely clever and useful compositing system going all the way back to Prisms. I think it was called “ICE”, maybe the first node based compositing software ever? We used COPs for all our compositing until moving to Nuke around 7 years ago. It was the speed issues that forced the move to another platform. I hit the ground running with Nuke because the workflow is so similar to COPs.

I think as a standalone all in one package, Houdini would be THE answer if SESI could/would crack the speed issue with COPs-

Just a thought-

Jed-

Jed Schwartz
Creative Director