[Sidefx-houdini-list] A thumbs up for Cops as a Nuke replacement

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Thu Apr 12 04:46:01 EDT 2018

I haven’t used it too much except for extracting exr channels to create
mattes for the whining compositors.
Apparently multi layer exrs make afterFX dog-ass-slow, so they prefer
png mattes and single layer exr for all the float stuff.
Having said that, Back in my Softimage days, I found it super powerful
to have a compositor inside the 3d DCC.
You can link parameters from the 3d scene like speed, or position, or
whatever, to things inside your comp with simple expressions.
This sounds silly at first, but once you get into this mind set, you can
create some pretty sick results.

---
http://www.avg.com