[Sidefx-houdini-list] A thumbs up for Cops as a Nuke replacement

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Mon Apr 9 15:40:18 EDT 2018

I’ll preface this by saying that SESI support, as many of us know, is super helpful and very diligent.

COPs can be a trickier module though since its kind of hanging out there on the back burner.
In my experience, I find that most major releases seems to result in some weird, but intrusive, bug in COPs
Again - I’ll reference the current memory leak on OS X that cropped up with the release of H16.

I think working on OS X throws in additional obstacles since the majority of users are on Linux.
I’ve bounce between both and find that bugs on OS X seem to lead to more dead ends than ones I’ve submitted on Linux.
I’m not sure exactly why.

But I digress - the topic at hand is COPs in general.  Extremely useful as is, even without new features.
But would love the stability to simply be sured up across all supported platforms.
That in itself would be tremendous.

—
Larry Giunta
Creative Director