[Sidefx-houdini-list] A thumbs up for Cops as a Nuke replacement

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Mon Apr 9 07:53:15 EDT 2018

Responding from a similar situation, I concur …

COPs can be extremely useful. Especially for those of us ( small shops ) who need to carry/work with adobe products ( AE )
in order to collaborate with various clients and agencies anyway. Having COPs available as a node based option is really helpful in many situations.

I realize it doesn’t get much love on the development side, which is understandable considering all of the other high level tools
that need resources .. and also considering the fact that the larger shop do utilized dedicated packages such as Nuke.

But there are some nagging stability problems ( re: memory leak on OS X  - reported and still very much there well over a year now ).

So even if nothing new happens, it would be nice to sure up stability for the functionality that is there …. because it really can be very useful.
There’s a lot of nice stuff in there.

Larry

—
Larry Giunta