[Sidefx-houdini-list] softimage pass trick in houdini

Matthew Kearney matt at kearney.co.za
Wed Sep 13 12:28:18 EDT 2017

Hey guys,
Redshift now has support for stylesheets.

>From the Redshift forum :

* [Houdini] Stylesheets: Support of scene level primitive stylesheets.
* [Houdini] Stylesheets: New parameter in the RS ROP node to set the scene
level stylesheets.
* [Houdini] Stylesheets: Support of object level stylesheets.

Matt.

On 13 September 2017 at 17:14, Jeff Wagner <jeff at sidefx.com> wrote:

> Oh I don't think RedShift uses Material Style Sheets as that is pretty
> specific to Mantra I believe.
>
> But yes Material Style Sheets will give you the ability to define template
> style set-ups and inherit default setups defined as material json files on
> disk. But I believe for Mantra only.
>

> -jeff
>

> On 2017-09-13 9:04 AM, Gerbrand Nel wrote:
>
>> I'm using redshift, but it might just work.
>> Thank you SIR!!!!!!
>> On 2017/09/13 2:03 PM, Edward Lam wrote:
>>
>>> On your Mantra ROP, put something like "* ^/obj/my_single_object" in the
>>> Forced Matte parameter. This forces all your objects to be rendered as
>>> matte except for /obj/my_single_object.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -Edward

>>> ---
>>> http://www.avg.com

*MATT KEARNEY*
"*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.*" - Albert
Einstein.