[Sidefx-houdini-list] How to control RigidBody instances

Michael Dunkley mdunkley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 10:31:43 EST 2017

Hey Thomas.  So far as your expression goes - P is usually a point
attribute, not a detail, the detail function doesn't require "op"
syntax, and usually doesn't return an array unless you're asking for
an array attribute.
The expression you're looking for is probably more along the lines of:

vector pos = point("/full_or_relative_path/to_node","P",3)

where the path is just a normal houdini path, the attribute is
expressed as a string (as you had) and the 3 is simply the number of
the rbd you're trying to access.  This is making the assumption that
you're working with packed rbd's, so that the "point number" you're
grabbing actually represents an entire packed piece.  Unpacked rbd's
would be slightly trickier to grab.  Haven't watched that Entagma vid,
so i don't know which you're actually working with.
It would also be good practice to pull from a (null) sop if possible
(as opposed to dops directly - pulling directly from dops is certainly
possible, though the syntax is a little screwier and generally not
ideal).