[Sidefx-houdini-list] CHOP invalid source

Jerome Pastorello lordkarington0 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 04:39:52 EST 2017

Hello,

I have a very strange problem of CHOP.
I did some quite heavy cloth simulation that I wanted to stabilize in my scene, jI just compensated the general movement and keep the cloth at the center of the scene by using a simple bound sop and inverting transform the cloth position to the center of its bounding box.

Then I wanted to smooth the movement of this point Position (une point only, so 3 channels) because the cloth BB is changing pretty strongly through time.

When I import the point with a geometry chop in chops I get an invalid source error, I thought it was coming from the file cache sop so I tried to copy some regular point on it, it kind of worked once, but now it is just calculating a « read back > loading geometry » for ages then I get the error again.

I am quite stuck on this with a validated by the client scene. Doesn’t seem to be a logical behaviour at all.

Is there any other way to smooth the animation of a point without going to CHOP ?
Is there a specific limitation to chops import ?

Many thanx.

Jérôme