[Sidefx-houdini-list] Fluid on a tea cup escaping

Jordan Walsh jordan.h.walsh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 07:45:39 EST 2017

Ha, was going to post that exact video!

The other option is to remove all anim from the cup, then calculate what
the movement/rotation on the cup is, then re apply this animation, but only
add a portion of it. So you might only want to add 10% of the anim back to
the cup so you get reactions, but not as extreme! Then you add the
remaining percentage of anim to the resulting sim so it lines up with the
anim correctly. Usually you need a bit of matrix maths to extract the
transforms, apply the inverse (to remove tha anim) and probably break down
the matrix in to translates and rotations so you can reduce these.

Jordan