[Sidefx-houdini-list] H16 Constraint behavior

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 02:57:11 EDT 2017

Hi there,

I'm "discovering" the constraint behaviour in Houdini (never used it before
whatever version).

So, I'm using that new "LookAt" in the Constraint shelf and it builds that
Chop constraint.

Where I'm confused, is that while the geometry is aligned at SOP level (ie
: faces prims are aligned), but in fact the Axis at Object level is not.

I think this join this previous discussion (about parenting)
http://softimage.69864.x6.nabble.com/Houdini-hierarchical-organization-td7448.html#a7452

This is confusing because you can no more transform object in local space
(viewport manipulation).
Or, for example, Constraint Lookup a Spot Light, and all the gizmo get off.

But maybe I missed something obvious.