[Sidefx-houdini-list] overlapping point instance volume density pop

Tom Nixon ignivomous at gmail.com
Tue May 30 04:05:38 EDT 2017

Hi Francois,

I'm afraid I'm seeing something more than just a sum of two densities. The
issue is that there is a visible change in the form of a "pop" between two
density levels. This is not apparent when isolating the individual volume
instances.

This is to say a region of the render appears to drop or increase in
density from one frame to the next. When each instance is rendered alone,
the pop does not happen.

Unfortunately, rendering each volume individually is not a viable solution
to my problem.

Thanks