[Sidefx-houdini-list] overlapping point instance volume density pop

Tom Nixon ignivomous at gmail.com
Mon May 29 19:04:22 EDT 2017

Hey everyone,

I'm getting a result in my renders that I'm don't fully understand yet. I
hope one or some of you have come across this and can shed some light on
it.

I have a number of volumes that are being instanced as packed disk
primitives in my renders. The density appears to pop up and down a couple
times through the frame range.

When I isolate each volume and render it, I am unable to see the same pop
in the renders.

It appears that the pop is a result of the overlapping volumes, as when I
offset the points to reduce the overlapping and render them together, the
pop appears to disappear.

If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate your input!

Thanks,
Tom