[Sidefx-houdini-list] New obfuscation of Lookat - am I the only one saddened?

François Duchesneau houdini at trinix.ca
Mon May 8 08:39:58 EDT 2017

Good point, the fact the objects used for the constraints are not
visible makes it harder to build expressions related to those object.

 From all I've read here it seems that if the tool added the full
reference to "constraints/lookat" and if we had a way to see directly
the parameters we'd be in a good place. What if we had the tool create
spare parameters of the main parameters found on the constraint? The
rule could be that if we create another constraint instead it wipes out
those specially named parameters (so it knows they are related to the
constraints) and builds new one from that new contraints.

I think it's very powerful SideFx and us are able to build a set of
tools that creates constraints from this chop menu with even different
level of promoted control. Ex. menu Look-At / Simple, Look-At / All Control.

François