[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render time inconsistent

Jelmer Hoekstra j_hoekstra at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 12:19:39 EDT 2017

Hi all,

While trying to render a scene, the average render time of a frame is around 3/4 minutes, the problem however is that every +- 12 frames (or sometimes completely random) the render takes more than 3 hours to complete. The next frame will be 3/4 minutes again.

When I'm interrupting the render and render the frame again it will be 3/4 minutes again for the same frame that took 3 hours.  I tried to render over the weekend and looking back 1 frame took 20 hours where as the next frame took 3/4 minutes and re-rendering the frame also took 3/4 minutes.

I have a scene with several Alembic animations and hair. Also have a bunch of packed primitives in my scene.

Anyone knows what's going on or experiences the same issues?

Cheers,

Jelmer