[Sidefx-houdini-list] geometry format for 3d print

herman02 at netvigator.com herman02 at netvigator.com
Tue May 2 10:56:28 EDT 2017

​hi all,

thank-you everyone, the problem seem to be solved after using polywire, will send it to the 3d print lab for trail.

jon> yes, it takes up alot of memory. but will try to convert vdb>polygon.
neil> once i can save it into polywire, i will increase the mesh density for support. will adjust the thickness and density with the lab.
kawaldeep> yes with polywire, i can save it into stl, however stl seem to be the largest file compare to obj or ply.
jordibares> the ply seem to be the smallest file size compare to obj and stl. will test the printer with stl file.