[Sidefx-houdini-list] geometry format for 3d print

herman02 at netvigator.com herman02 at netvigator.com
Mon May 1 03:47:04 EDT 2017

hi all,

recently I did some 3d modelling at Houdini geometry for future 3d printing. However, I have encounter the following issues here:

- my 3d model is a grid>point vop (add curl noise)> wire, but when I save it as .obj, it crashes and I do not have the problem when I save it as .bgeo.

- However, 3dprint software do not recognize .bgeo.

1. So what is the better format to save my geometry for 3d printing?
2. How do I convert .bgeo to .obj without crashing? or any better way to save my geometry?

Thanks.

herman