[Sidefx-houdini-list] point cloud in shader to live operator

Tom Nixon ignivomous at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:01:08 EDT 2017

Hey everyone,

I am unsure as to whether I'm having a false memory here. I have at least
one confirmation in-house of Houdini once supporting op syntax in the file
path for a pointcloud on a shader, but others are telling me it never did.

I recall being about to put op:/obj/path/to/node and getting the desired
result. I'm finding now that I have to cache that out to disk to get it
working.

Am I totally off, and it was never supported, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Tom