[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra -P - turning off displacements

Sandy Sutherland sandy.maillists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 07:08:00 EST 2017

Hi All,

We have been using mantra -P to run a python script that replaces all
shaders with AO, to get simple clay render.

Now I have been asked to do something similar to turn off displacements for
everything.

I am looking at using this -

def MaterialFilter():

but *mantra.setproperty('object:DispEnable', 0) does not work, and I am
guessing the object: part is not right.*

*Docs are a little thin on the ground with this particular method.*

*Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction?*

*If I do this - print *mantra.property('object:surface')[0], I can see
DispEnable, but do not know how to set it?

Many thanks

Sandy