[Sidefx-houdini-list] working with multiply releases

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Mar 3 10:33:59 EST 2017

Happy Friday all,

This is more a question of “proper practices” I guess.

At times like this, when we’re transitioning from one major release to another, is there anything inherently wrong with initializing one release, then opening a shell and initializing a different release?
Essential working in two different releases at the same time.

I’ve done it many times before to work around a specific bug …  or simply to jump into an existing project built in the previous release.

However, I’ve wondered if this can potentially mess things up under the Houdini hood?
 …or is it essentially the same as running Houdini and say another program, like photoshop, at the same time?

I’m currently trying to preform this particular juggle and I seem to be experiencing and overall sluggishness in performance - on OS X.

Larry