[Sidefx-houdini-list] visibility

Jordi Bares jordibares at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:41:47 EST 2017

You certainly could use that approach but I would not go that route with It (reasons later)… think of the Visibility SOP as your “Isolate object” instead of simply deleting geometry (which will change the point numbers)

The main argument is simplicity, your scenes will become an spaghetti of switches and sooner than you think you will delete one now that will break the scene configuration.

I will suggest you stick with Display channels to control visibility, Bundles to group objects onto your ROPs so you have an abstraction layer rather than editing tons of ROPs, and of course, because you may not want to see the geometry but you may need that data (for example, the bounding box) to position other objects.

I hope it makes sense.

Jb