[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini : Scale each primitives around their local center ?

Neil Dickson ndickson at sidefx.com
Mon Jul 17 09:25:08 EDT 2017

If you find yourself doing any particular operation frequently enough that
you don't want to leave the viewport to set parameters, you can always add
a custom tool to do whatever you'd like with any name you'd like.  The tab
menu prioritizes the first letters of words in the name, so you can also
trick it into letting you type as few letters as possible, e.g. Tab > AW >
Enter gives Attribute Wrangle by default in SOPs.  I haven't tried the
radial menus yet, but you can probably customize those with custom tools,
too.

Also, $CEX, $CEY, $CEZ is the default pivot on the Primitive SOP, so as
long as the points are uniqued, (e.g. with Facet's Unique Points option),
you should be able to just put down a Primitive SOP, turn on "Do
Transformation" and set Scale as you'd like, though it'll still mean
clicking in the parameter pane.  You won't have to enter any expressions,
though.

Cheers,
Neil