[Sidefx-houdini-list] Distributed sims failing

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Sun Jan 29 15:30:42 EST 2017

Anybody have any insight into this? I have a flip sim that I want to
distribute. I'm pretty sure it's all set up correctly, because the sim
starts and all the slices get part of the way through, but always end up
failing.

I've tried both slice and slice along. When I try a slice along, the job
has been getting about 14% through, then just hanging up. No error
messages, etc. It just never progresses. I've also tried slice and chopping
the sim into 4 quadrants. In that case I was seeing things like this:

ALF_PROGRESS 27%
ALF_PROGRESS 28%
Read error on ack: Error Occurred of 12
Error occurred in message 12 state is 5
---- Pump enters error status ----
Tracker reports an error, aborting

ALF_PROGRESS 27%
ALF_PROGRESS 28%
Tracker reports an error, aborting
Write pipe error: Error Occurred offset 0 of 4
Error occurred in message 4 state is 9
EOF in pipe at position 0 of 4
Error occurred in message 4 state is 6

--

Though the tracker task isn't reporting any errors in hqueue that I can
see.

Any ideas?

--
Gary Jaeger // Core Studio