[Sidefx-houdini-list] OTL or HDA made simple ?

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 05:30:44 EST 2017

Hi list !

Until now, when I'm building a tool in Houdini that I want to keep and
reuse later, This is what I usualy do :

- select the nodes
- turn them into a Subnet
- Assets menu / New digital Assets From Selection

This is cool, but each time you need to have it encapsuled inside a subnet.
Sometime I'd like to simply save for example one AttribWrangle, or one
VOPsop "as is" with it's content.

Is this possible ?

Also,
Is it possible to have HDA behave localy ? I mean, the last HDA I made, I
decided to modify it after I used it in several scenes.
When I reopened the scenes, they were all screwed because they were calling
that modified HDA.
Can I have an HDA and make it "stay local" even if I modify the base HDA in
C:\Users\admin\Documents\houdini15.5\otls ?

Thank you !