[Sidefx-houdini-list] Group edit prim wrangle

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Jan 25 08:30:57 EST 2017

Hi Rob,
I’ve just modified what Tim wrote (apologies for hijacking your code like this Tim!) to do something slightly different. This basically does a group ‘promote’ inside the primitive wrangle which was my understanding of what you’re after?

You need to leave the top “Group” parameter empty, then press the button on the right of the VEX code to create the “Point Group” and “New Prim Group” parameters. The “Point Group” parameter is the group of the points that you wish to convert to the primitive group whose name is given by “New Prim Group” parameter.

int i,v,p;

i=0;
v = primvertex(0, at primnum,i);

while(v>=0){

    p = vertexpoint(0,v);
    if(inpointgroup(0,chs("point_group"),p))
    {
        setprimgroup(0, chs("new_prim_group"), @primnum, 1);
    }
    i++;