[Sidefx-houdini-list] MainMenuCommon item hotkeys

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:01:37 EST 2017

Oh just copy the Hotkey file to somewhere in your HOUDINI_PATH that
everyone includes. You'll have to update HOUDINI_PATH to include this
(unless it still include $HIH? I've lost track to be honest) but is a one
time thing.

Something like (in TCSH)

setenv HOUDINI_PATH
"$HOME/houdini15.5;/some/network/location/houdini;$HFS/houdini"

Cheers,

Peter B

On 15 January 2017 at 22:36, Tom Nixon <ignivomous at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but I wanted to add the hotkey as a default for the show rather than
> having each artist have to set their own.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Peter Bowmar <pbowmar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yup once you add it to MainMenuCommon, the unique name (the
> > "something.something.something" part, not the label) should show up in
> the
> > Hotkey editor and then you can assign what you like.
> >
> > You might have to restart Houdini though, getting Houdini to refresh a
> > change while open in MainMenuCommon isn't always possible unfortunately.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Peter B
> >
> > On 13 January 2017 at 11:56, Tom Nixon <ignivomous at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > I've got an item I'm adding to MainMenuCommon.xml, and I'd like to set
> > > default hotkey rather than forcing people to set up their own.
> > >
> > > Anyone know if that is possible?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tom
> > >

> > --