[Sidefx-houdini-list] select vs dive in

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Sat Jan 14 12:32:09 EST 2017

Feel like this is a lame question, but I can’t figure it out. I’m doing Jeff Wagners FLIP webinar <https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/houdini-illume-webinar-flip-fluids/> and at about :45 min in he’s talk about mixing fluids. Not as kinky as it sounds, but at one point he selects an object, clicks Emit Particles and instead of selecting an object in the viewport, he show how he wants to go inside an existing AutoDop network and select an existing flipfluidobject, seemingly pressing Enter after he’s selected the node. But every time I do that, Houdini just keeps diving deeper into the network instead of selecting the thing as the object to emit into. I’ve tried all the opt+enter key combos I can think of, but can’t get it to work. What am I missing?

thanks

Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile