[Sidefx-houdini-list] switching between NC and FX

Sandy Sutherland sandy.maillists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 02:16:38 EST 2017

Just be careful with this stuff, if you inadvertently load a hipnc file
into a licensed houdini, it switches it to Apprentice (or used to in the
trial days), without you knowing, and from then on you will be saving hipnc
files, which cannot be used in production.  Sidefx is prepared to convert
these hipnc files, but they only do it once for you/  I believe a big
facility in London got caught out by this, when a whole lot of production
scene files got converted to hipnc like this.

Make sure you keep a distinct separation between the files!

S.