[Sidefx-houdini-list] switching between NC and FX

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Fri Jan 13 17:31:20 EST 2017

OK, so here's what I found.

In the houdini terminal, doing hconfig -a tells me that:

HFS                                        :=
'/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.5.565/Resources'

cool. So in there, I found a file called "Licensing.opt". I created another
one of these (maybe this is the mistake? do I remove the .opt file in
$HFS?) in $HOME as per:

HOME                                       := '/Users/gfx01'

so in the ~/Licensing.opt I have this line:

licensingMode = localValidator

but... it still doesn't work. Launching Apprentice still eats up a license.
Even when I try to open a .hipnc file.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?