[Sidefx-houdini-list] switching between NC and FX

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:39:27 EST 2017

Yes, if you create a LicensingOptions file (something like that, check
$HFS/houdini for the real name) in the $HOME of a user, when that exists
and is set to LocalLicensing (see contents of same file in $HFS/houdini) it
will be Apprentice.

Then have a command that either creates that or renames it. When you rename
to something else (i.e. .bak) then it will revert to Commercial.

Cheers,

Peter B

On 13 January 2017 at 13:34, Gary Jaeger <gary at corestudio.com> wrote:

> sorta noob question. We have a floating seat of FX, but others in the
> studio want to spend some time learning Houdini without taking up a
> license. What’s the best method for doing that? All the workstations have
> FX installed, but is there a painless way to temporarily switch to NC
> licensing so artists can dabble?
>
> Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile

Peter B