[Sidefx-houdini-list] noob: horizon tumble

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Tue Jan 3 10:15:48 EST 2017

The 80's part refers to when the technique was invented or first used. The
standard Houdini tumbling uses a technique introduced in 1992 that was
supposedly an improvement. I say "supposedly" because since then, at least one
paper says that euler tumbling is the better one [1].

-Edward

1.
http://wwwisg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/visualisierung/wiki/data/media/files/hci/bade_2005_sg.pdf