[Sidefx-houdini-list] jumping to H16 - mac

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Thu Feb 23 15:17:13 EST 2017

Hello all,

I’m having a bit of trouble jumping up from H15.5 to H16 on OS X 10.11.6

My original problem was hitting errors when trying to launch H16 from command line.
However, if I run H16 from the application icon first ( after a fresh reboot) then everything seems to initialize correctly and H16 seems to run ok.

My next problem then crops up when I attempt to read in a hip file originally started in H15.5.

Once I do that, I can’t seem to quit image viewer windows successfully after firing off renders.

The actual “mplay” window closes down fine. By the icons for the image viewer program keep stacking up in the dock.
I can’t seem to force quit them or remove them from the dock in anyway. They just keep gaining up.

…and once those image viewer icons are stuck in the dock, I can’t reboot without a hard reboot ( holding the power button down).
It seems that whatever is hanging up those icons just won’t quite, and it prevents the machine from restarting cleanly.

I know there was a lot re-written from the ground up in H16 … so I’m sure that’s what’s tripping me up when I read in an H15.5 file.

I’m just wandering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems and if any successful work arounds have been found.

In the meantime, I have submitted to support to see if it can be reproduced the problem there.

Thanks,

Larry

—
Larry Giunta