[Sidefx-houdini-list] Distributed sims failing

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Sat Feb 11 11:59:28 EST 2017

I thought I’d post an update. Out of desperation I completely disabled the ethernet ports on a group of 4 machines and instead connected them to the farm via WiFi. And, uh, that worked. Repeatedly and reliably. So somewhere in the wired LAN (switch, cables, built-in NIC, ethernet drivers, etc) something if screwing with HQueue and distributed sims. Well, it’s a start…

Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile