[Sidefx-houdini-list] JOB: Game Industry - Houdini and Unreal Engine
tstexture at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:23:48 EST 2017
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of *Days Gone*, *Syphon Filter* and *Uncharted:
Golden Abyss*, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team in
creating a new AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive.
We are seeking an FX artist who will contribute to the technical
development of AAA products with a specialized focus on creating special
effects, techniques, and processes for game development.
- Contribute to the development of artistic techniques and processes to
define and achieve a product’s visual style. This entails expanding methods
to improve the production pipeline, tools, and processes to achieve the
desired quality as efficiently as possible.
- Create prototypes that demonstrate technical production goals that
help define the technical quality standards for special effects.
- Create FX as needed to enhance the visual experience and intended
- Independently undertakes research and information gathering prior to
the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference
materials, artistic direction, and technological considerations are
effectively managed to meet the defined goals.
- Actively advances skill set, abilities and then shares this knowledge
by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive
products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills. This entails
collaborating with the production group to manage responsibilities to
ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule, and artistic
- Knowledge of python, java, C++ is a plus
- Proficient in the use of 3D and 2D software to create and animate all
types of particles and their required source assets. This requires mastery
of current software packages and the ability to analyze photo, video, or
concept art reference, turning 2D images into real time three-dimensional
- Preferred Experience with Unreal 3 or Unreal 4
- Proficient in the use of Photoshop and other tools to manipulate photo
source and create realistic, tillable, textures that match the artistic
style of the defined art direction. This requires good 2D art skills like
composition, drawing, sketching, and color theory.
- Proficient in the use of 3D modeling software to create and texture
optimized props and other environment assets within the defined specs and
guidelines. This requires strong knowledge of 3D software and the ability
to analyze photo source or concept art and turn 2D images into 3D objects.
Z-Brush/Mud box experience desirable.
- Some previous or next-gen video game platform experience is desirable
(e.g. PS4, X-box 360 etc.)
- Good reading and comprehension skills to have complete understanding
of complex process documents, design documents, and written assignments.
- The ability to communicate effectively either individually with team
members, or within group settings.
- The ability to write short reports and process documents when needed
- Good time management skills, with the ability to break down tasks and
assignments and prioritize them into workable pieces on a daily, weekly,
and project length basis.
- Able to manage long-term projects, creating and following a
comprehensive schedule for the creation of complex assets such as game
levels, animation systems, character systems, etc.
- Able to complete tasks and assignments quickly with little need for
- Good data management skills, with the ability to manage and track
large amounts of data as they go through the art pipeline, with attention
to naming conventions, directory structures, and other processes.
- 2-4 years of experience in a production environment, be it games,
film, and/or television.
- One or two years of post-high school education or training.
Please reply off list to: tstexture at gmail.com
Andrew D Lyons | Tools Developer | http://www.tstex.com
More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list