[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini |world position in expression

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:35:35 EST 2017

Hi,

For a Camera that renders with DOF, I'm using an expression in the "Focus
Distance" field of the camera object.
distance(ch("../null_focus/tx"),ch("../null_focus/ty"),ch("../null_focus/tz"),ch("../Real_DOF_cam/tx"),ch("../Real_DOF_cam/ty"),ch("../Real_DOF_cam/tz"))
Where "null_focus" is where the camera ...focusing.
"Real_DOF_cam" is my camera name.

Everything works well until I parent the camera to a null.
As soon as I parent the camera and move the null, the results of the DOF
are completly false.
I'm wondering what expression I should use to calculate the Focus Distance
based on the camera world position (as it seems to calculate it in
local/parented atm).

Thank you !